MSC After Dark is our monthly 21+ event series for adults that want to discover the science center
in an evening out! All events are 6:30 - 8:30pm and are $25 per person. Join with an
After Dark add-on or membership to come for free! RSVP required.
Beverages generously provided by WildRye Distilling.
Local Kombucha manufacturer Zesty Beverages joins us for a discussion of fermentation science, post-biotics, and how to keep life zesty! Zesty Beverages was founded in Bozeman, Montana and is on a mission to craft beverages with real food, more nutrients, and fewer calories. Hard Kombucha provided by Zesty Beverages.
Elle Fine, local baker extraordinaire, helps us understand why you want to get your chemistry right when it comes to baking. Come and compete in a science-y decorating contest!
This March may be your last chance to "Spring Forward" and lose an hour of sleep for no good reason! Join the MSC and Dr. Cara Palmer from the MSU Sleep Research Lab in throwing a good riddance party to this annoying bi-annual changing of the clocks.
- Learn about the surprising history of Daylight Savings Time, and the even more surprising negative health effects this one hour loss of sleep has.
- Send a non-partisan petition to Congress to help save your sleep!
- Smash a clock piñata to take out your sleep-induced frustration.
- Wake-up to some surprising sleep science.
- Have a signature cocktail. (Details to come).