It’s been said that anyone can have a new idea, but to be a creator means making your great idea real. At MSC, the STEAMlab is the place where ideas literally take shape.
When you visit the STEAMlab, you can discover and practice high-tech skills with our friendly, expert staff and volunteers.
• Use digital tools to make physical objects with our 3D printers and laser cutter.
• Satisfy your curiosity about how technology works by taking apart a computer.
• Try your hand at soldering a simple circuit of your own.
• Discover the “Internet of Things” by programming a microcomputer.
• Literally up your game in Minecraft on a safe, local Creative World server.
• $95/kid/year OR $35/kid/year add-on to Family Membership
• Premium supplies in the STEAMlab like wood instead of cardboard in the lasercutter
• Free Tech Tools Deep Dive classes
• Call for more information, if needed: 406-522-9087
Open lab is a drop-in time to try the STEAMlab tools with personal help. Learn something new or work on an existing project.
Open Lab Activities
• 3D Printing: Design your own 3D model to print. (Due to print times, prints are typically available for pickup on a later visit).
• Laser cutting: Make a box, sign, or engraved drawing to take home.
• Take apart: Disassemble old computers and other electronics.
• Soldering: Learn the basics of electronic soldering.
In this class, unlock the interactive potential of building things that respond to players in Minecraft. Learn Redstone circuitry, pistons, elevators, and other ways to move things and make things happen in Minecraft. Bonus: check out the power of World Edit. Members can attend as many or as few sessions as they like during the semester.
RSVP required (no-shows will be charged a $5 fee). Limited to 8 spots per class; drop-ins welcome if spots available.